Genes are made up of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) and are the template to make proteins. We have two copies of each gene, one inherited from each parent. Human DNA consists of over 3 billion base pairs, 99% of which are identical between individuals. The remaining 1% contains small variations known as SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphisms).
A SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism) is a genetic variation that results in a single base change in the DNA sequence between two individuals. SNPs can have a profound effect on the functioning of the genes in which they are found. This, in turn, affects the biological pathway in which the gene is active, affecting metabolic functions that are important for maintaining a state of health.
Knowledge of these SNPs offers a powerful health advantage, enabling the trained healthcare practitioner to prescribe precise lifestyle and nutritional recommendations aimed at compensating for the genetic variants. A criterion for inclusion of a specific SNP in one of our tests is that there must be an intervention which has been proven to modify the effect of the SNPs that we identify.
Are you a Registered Healthcare Practitioner?
Work with us and become a part of the future of preventative medicine.