The DNA Health test is designed to optimise wellbeing and health by personalising lifestyle and diet choices and, where necessary, using supplements tailored to offset any particular nutritional deficit based on specific gene variants. The DNA Health approach assists the healthcare practitioner in establishing the optimal nutrition necessary for good health, longevity and disease risk mitigation.
DNA Health tests for 36 gene variants involved in the following biological processes that have been linked to risk for diseases of lifestyle:
- Cholesterol metabolism
- Bone Health & risk for osteoporosis
- Methylation and risk for cancer
- Inflammation and oxidative stress
- Insulin Sensitivity and risk for diabetes
- Food Responsiveness, including Lactose intolerance, Caffeine processing, Salt sensitivity and blood pressure & Iron overload disorders